Nutrition Month starts this week and I thought I’d post a super easy recipe to help you take the “fight out of food” with your busy weekly schedule and meal prep! This Greek inspired chicken is super easy to make, takes less than 10 minutes to cook and PERFECT alongside a Greek salad and some brown rice. Plus, you can make a batch in the beginning of the week and pair it with other salads as a quick protein choice for your lunches. Let’s hope the weather here in BC gets a bit warmer since these are definitely BBQ-able.
- 4 chicken breast, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
What to do:
- Place raw chicken in a bowl. Add all ingredients to the bowl. Mix. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan ensuring there’s enough room for each piece of chicken (as seen below) – no added oil needed since there’s olive oil in the marinade. Cover pan with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes uncovered.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Serve with a Greek salad (or a salad of your choice – I really like this one).
Serves approx 4-6 individuals.
Tips & Tricks:
- Like it real lemony? Skip the salt and pepper and marinate the chicken over night. It also makes the chicken quite tender and juicy. Add salt and pepper right before cooking!